What is the Internet of Things?
Internet of Things, or the so-called IoT, refers to the numerous physical devices connected to the internet to share and collect data all over the globe. With the rapid availability of computer chips and wireless networks, IoT can change anything. Linking up all these various devices and adding sensors enhances the digital intelligence level of all dumb devices. This enables these devices to allow them to transfer primary data without human involvement. The surroundings around us have been made more receptive and more brilliant thanks to IoT. At MOKOSmart, an excellent IoT providers, we aren’t left behind. Our products are specially equipped to apply the Internet of Things to merge digital and physical spaces.
Platforms that provide IoT wireless communication and network connectivity
Although IoT starts with connectivity, it is broadly diverse with a complicated realm. Therefore, it is impossible to invent a one-size-fits-all communication solution. Below we will discuss the five most common platforms that provide IoT wireless communication and network connectivity.
Low Power Wide Area Networks
The latest IoT phenomenon is the Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWANs). This branch of IoT technologies is specifically developed to sustain large-scale IoT networks struggling over substantial commercial and industrial grounds by offering long-range communication on small, cheap batteries that last long.
Wi-Fi plays a very significant role in offering high-throughput data transmission in both home environments and enterprises. Nevertheless, Wi-Fi is much less predominant in the IoT service providers due to its considerable coverage limitations, high power consumption, and scalability.
Bluetooth and BLE
They both fall in the group of Wireless Personal Area Networks. Bluetooth is an Internet of Things provider with short-range communication, but it is adequately positioned in the user bazaar. Initially, the Bluetooth Classic was planned to exchange data through point-to-point or point-to-multipoint (with a maximum of seven nodes) between consumer devices. Later, Bluetooth Low-Energy was publicized to facilitate small-scale consumer Internet of Things solution providers.
Cellular networks offer a reliable broadband communication by supporting multiple applications such as video streaming and voice calls. They are at times challenging as they levy very high operational expenses and power necessities.
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
Minimal data amounts are transmitted by the Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) within a very tiny distance. Radio waves are used to transmit these data to a reader from the RFID tag. Up to now, a significant upheaval in logistics and retail has been facilitated by RFID technology.
Every IoT providers application and vertical has its exceptional personal set of network necessities. It is crucial to select the best wireless technology IoT service provider. Ensure you accurately weigh the product’s conditions regarding power consumption, range, QoS, bandwidth, security, and network management.
Reasons to partner with an innovative IoT provider like MOKOSmart
Some of the services we offer at MOKOSmart to our clients include; IoT consultancy services, module development, IoT operations, IoT providers solution architecture, and support services. We assist you in transforming your small business into smart initiatives. We have IoT app developers who are well-skilled, and we use verified processes to develop IoT applications, thereby making us the leading IoT software development company.
At MOKOSmart, we quickly change devices to “smart” devices with our wide-range IoT solutions and services. We apply the client-centric approach to equip our customers with active solutions that boost their requirements and satisfaction. We can efficiently deliver quality developments in advance by cracking the top Internet of Things solution provider’s real power. That is why we are the leading Internet of Things providers and software Development Company today.
Our IoT Capabilities
MOKOSmart offers IoT capabilities that are easily deployable in enterprises that use sensors to collect data thereby, providing actionable business acumens. These capabilities are;
- Consulting – From smart manufacturing to roadmaps adoption, we provide a wide range of expert engagements to our clients.
- Development and Testing – We offer Testing Services such as UAT, Users Acceptance Tests, and certification, plus developments of UX/UI, Data science, and 3rd party system integration.
- Design – MOKOSmart has specialized in connecting the physical to the digital. We have a rich knowledge of changing unconnected products to smart ones and making new connected products.
- Sustenance – We assist different companies to sustain and manage services throughout the Industrial IoT solution providers using our IoT solutions.
Applications of IoT
Internet of Things has limited significant application areas. Below is a list of IoT providers applications examples
Building and Home automation
IoT provides applications of a wide range that controls and monitors the building and automation of homes. For Instance; in access control, light and temperature control, energy optimization, and connected appliances
IoT is applied in smart cities to minimize costs and save on development resources. IoT is used on; residential e-meters, smart street lights, traffic control systems, and surveillance cameras.
The manufacturing field uses IoT applications to ease the production process. The applications are used to; optimize flow, asset tracking, real-time inventory, and checks the safety of employees.
Health care IoT applications aid at improving value and convenience, creating a new upraise in the sector. IoT technologies used in the health care sector are in; remote monitoring, Access control, ambulance telemetry, and predictive maintenance.
IoT provides advanced technologies for a wide range of contemporary automobiles. They include; wireless connectivity, machine-to-machine communication, advanced sensor networks, and infotainment, making these innovations more efficient than before.
Smart Supply Chain and Smart Farming
Applications of IoT for the supply chain include asset tracking, sharing record information, and others.
What influences the budget of an IoT Solution?
Some components that contribute to the ultimate cost of your IoT system are;
- IoT back-end and infrastructure – All IoT systems should have an infrastructure and back-end to process the data gathered from IoT devices.
- IoT app development – Consider the target OS and functionality when preparing to develop any application.
- IoT hardware cost – Make consultations on the design and components of your device with your Internet of Things solution providers to minimize the expenses.
- IoT development team size – Your IoT development budget is directly affected by the structure and scope of your team.
- Hidden and predicted cost -Have a clear product vision to ensure you prevent more redesign and renovation tasks.
How to ensure your IoT system is well-secured during data exchange?
It is a good idea always to secure your IoT systems during data exchange as they position potential hazards to your internet safety. Below are several ways to do so;
- Use strong and unique passwords for your IoT devices.
- Always make sure to install internet security software that is reputable.
- Read well the application’s privacy policies before downloading.
- Always use a trusted VPN.
IoT Ecosystem Building pillars
Prerequisites essential when constructing pillars of an IoT ecosystem include;
- Sensors & Actuators – Sensors gather environmental data while actuators set values or are used to switch things on or off.
- Edge & Gateways – Edges translate and transmit data sensors amongst layers and networks. Gateways handle data on different volumes, velocity & variety scales.
- User Experience – Web, AV/VR, and mobility enables the user to build a great experience by providing application-specific services.
- Cloud & Analytics – The cloud examines, processes, and stores huge amounts of data sets. They generate insights by cloud computing using databases.
What is custom IoT development?
Custom IoT developments enable a project’s specifications to take place effectively, right from the conceptualization stage to actual work developments and deployment. Long-term results and considerations are considered in Custom IoT. This ensures you have the resistance to put up newer approaches, including;
- Framework and openness – A feasible IoT comes with integrated architectural developments as its offerings are all-inclusive.
- Personality – For developments of custom IoT, highly customized use cases are essential as they offer detailed personal challenge understanding and project focal arguments.
- Growth capabilities – As IoT is all about facilitation and connectivity, it is essential to account for scalability when developing a custom IoT.
- Planning for security – Consider a security measure that can serve you for a long time as it is a dominant component of custom IoT developments.
Pre-requisites for starting an IoT project
In this digital world, IoT is the next big thing. When starting an IoT project, you will need to;
- Select your processing board hardware platform.
- Build the software application, including the networking and back-end support
- Generate an integrated UI
- Create beacons, web sockets, APIs, and procedure calls that permit high-level communications between devices
- Establish analytic measures of security and data storage