Il gateway LoRaWAN è molto efficace per realizzare reti pubbliche su larga scala. Consente ai sensori di accedere a Internet senza Wi-Fi o 3G / 4G. And the communication of radio waves with the LoRaWAN gateways allows for functions like encryption and identification. Cosa c'è di più, LoRaWAN gateway also supports a cloud module that allows for the connection between multiple gateways,
Construction of LoRaWAN Gateway
We typically construct a LoRaWAN gateway by using the following,
- LoRa concentrator board
This board is to receive the LoRaWAN packets.
It is a very important part as we need to use it for amplifying the signal.
- Computing Module
We use a computing module for processing the outgoing and incoming LoRaWAN packets. It also helps in exchanging packets back and forth with the concentrator board.
Working of LoRaWAN Gateway
When we look at radio protocols at the most fundamental level then they are quite simple. And LoRaWAN is no exception.
It is like star networks which are analogous to the conversation between a professor and students during a lecture. The professor (Gateway LoRaWAN) speaks to the class (end nodes), e viceversa. When we look at this in terms of communication then we observe that it is an asymmetric relationship. Così, every student in the class is trying to communicate with the professor at the same time. però, the professor can’t understand or listen to all of them at the same tie. Although this example may seem too simple, most of the components in LoRaWAN topologies reflect back on this analogy.
Let us assume that there are one node and four gateways. The node is blindly transmitting into the radio spectrum. Così, the gateway which is lucky enough to hear this transmission will take it and send it to the cloud framework. però, it is also possible that all four of the gateways will hear this message and send it. This is very beneficial because messages will surely reach the desired destination despite weak links. Per esempio, if a node transmits seven messages and the only one makes it through then the message has still made it.
There is no acknowledgment of receipt after the message is delivered. però, it is possible for the nodes in LoRaWAN technology to request acknowledgments. Suppose that a node requests acknowledgment and all four of the LoRaWAN gateways pick up the same message. Così, the cloud will choose one gateway to respond at a certain time which typically includes a delay of some seconds. Perciò, your LoRaWAN network ensures that the communication is efficient and all the messages are transmitted.
Benefits and Features of LoRaWAN Gateway
- It allows for wide-area coverage and low powered sensors.
- There is no upfront licensing cost for using this technology because we can operate it on unlicensed (free) frequenze.
- Since the sensors consume low power, perciò, the devices have long battery life. Tipicamente, sensor batteries can have a life of 2-5 anni.
- We can design a single LoRaWAN gateway device to take care of thousands of end nodes.
- It has a simple architecture therefore it is easier to deploy.
- We mainly use it for M2M/IoT applications.
- It has a better payload size of 100 bytes in comparison to alternative technologies which only offer 12 byte.
- This technology offers an open standard and an open alliance.
- It has no limitation on the maximum number of daily messages.
- This technology doesn’t have a proprietary approach.
- It has a long-range which allows us to come up with solutions for smart city applications.
- This technology has a low bandwidth therefore it is perfect for real-time IoT deployments.
- It has no minimum data losses.
- There are lower connectivity costs.
- It is mainly wireless therefore it is faster and easier to set up and deploy.
- The AES encryption allows for a layer of security for the application and another for the network.
Applications of LoRaWAN Gateway
- LoRaWAN technology offers deep penetration in dense building materials therefore it is an ideal platform for making smart homes and buildings. Inoltre, it has a long-range hence it helps in tracking assets that may stray from home. LoRaWAN gateways help to detect danger, optimizing utility usage, and improving the convenience and safety of daily life.
- LoRaWAN technology makes city operations more efficient. We can use it for connecting city operations like waste removal, illuminazione, parking, weather monitoring, eccetera. This will help us in saving manpower, time and money.
- We can use LoRaWAN technology for improving the performance of agricultural farms. We can use it for deploying sensors that will send relevant data from the farm to the cloud server. This will allow us to analyze and improve various agricultural operations. Perciò, we will minimize the expenses and maximize the yield.
- The reliable performance and low cost of LoRaWAN technology make it ideal for healthcare applications. We can use LoRaWAN technology for monitoring patients at high-risk. This will help us ensure the medical safety and healthcare of critical patients.
LoRaWAN Gateway MKGW2-LW
MKGW2-LW is an offering of MOKOSmart. It is an 8-channel standard LoRaWAN gateway. This gateway is designed mainly for indoor applications. You can easily install it on any wall, roof, or any other indoor settings. It has a compact appearance so it is well suited for the indoor environment. You can easily deploy it for making smart buildings, offices, factories, and other IoT manifestations.
Features of MKGW2-LW
- It is modeled on the LoRaWAN™ Protocollo
- This supports download log and one key reset
- It is very easy to install
- This supports upgrade firmware by USB or OTA
- It has a web interface for status view and related configuration
- This offers Wi-Fi AP hotspot access gateway
Specifications of MKGW2-LW
Here are the specifications for MKGW2-LW,
|Bande di frequenza||433/470MHz,868/915MHZ|
|WiFi standard||IEEE 802.11b / g / n|
|Tensione di ingresso||12VDC / POE 48V|
|Modalità di lavoro||Half-duplex|
|Max Tx Power||30dBm|
|Sensibilità Rx massima||-141dBm|
|Connettività backhaul||Ethernet / WiFi|
|Dimensione||120mm x 120 mm X 22,5 mm(non incl. antenna)|